Friday, September 18, 2009

INCREDIBLE

It is difficult for me to see why the US scrapping of the Eastern Europe missile Defense Shield is a wise move. So long as the Russians are on the defensive and we (the US) are considered to be trusted allies of many of the Eastern European nations, I believe that our interests are being served. I do not see how scrapping the system and alienating the Eastern Europeans is beneficial. EXCEPT for the Russians! This move supposedly improves our position with respect to the Iranians.
I do not consider myself to be a defense expert or an accomplished political strategist, but, to me, these moves does two things: It discourages any country from trusting us and it encourages the Russians to re-align the Eastern Block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home