Sunday, October 18, 2009

PROCRASTINATION

I consider myself to be a big procrastinator. But, so what? If I delay making a decision or avoid completing a task it will, generally, not hurt anyone but myself; perhaps. This is true because I am not the leader of the Country or a business, or anything for that matter.

Now, apply the same concept to the Country's leader, and a much different set of results may occur. The Country's leaders should be decisive and forceful while also measuring the effect of his/her actions; or non actions! Careful deliberation utilizing the best minds in appropriate fields of endeavor is recommended, but, in the end, the leader needs to act and not procrastinate. Waiting almost 3 months to decide to change the level of military force because, apparently, the polls do not agree with the trusted advisors goes beyond ill advised and borders on the criminal. People (soldiers, sailors, and airmen are people) need to be given timely direction in order to perform their tasks.

Personally, I would have chosen not to engage our folks in the, in my opinion, worthless area known as Afghanistan (including Pakistan). To those who choose to live there, it may not be worthless, but to this Country, it is!

The point is though, MAKE A DECISION; one way or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home